Thursday 17 July 2014

Jewellery Organisation

To continue off of one of my earliest posts of jewellery organization, I thought I would post images of my necklace and earring system that has been working well for me.  



These hooks and wall-hangs are all repurposed from our storage room. My mom used them in past houses that we've lived in, but they have been sitting there for four years so I snatched them up for myself. Once upon a time, these were gold, black and cream, but a fresh (and somewhat messy) coat of paint can make anything look brand new. I love the way the necklaces overlap and everything looks busy but organized. I can see everything I have and don't have to fight to find something in the morning.

The only storage solution that I have stored away are my earrings, and this is just because this is the only system that works for me. I have 6 piercings on my ears, therefore a lot of earrings to decorate them with. I've tried earring holders, hooks and a million different DIY suggestions, but this really keeps me most organize. Earrings never go missing and I know exactly where every pair will be. One of the trays goes further back into the drawer and isn't as accessible, so that is where I store my less-worn earrings that I am not quite ready to give to my baby sister. The section on the right holds earrings that don't fit in the little square compartments (I have very few of these as you can see) as well as delicate bracelets that I don't want to throw in the bowls in fear of them getting scratched, tarnished or tangled.

So, there you have it! Bracelets, necklaces and earrings all have their own place and everything is simple enough to find when I am still in my half-asleep phase as the sun is rising. Any delicate and sentimental jewellery I actually didn't bring with me in my move, but it has a special place in my Grandmother's jewellery box back home in Toronto.

How do you store your jewellery pieces?

B

No comments:

Post a Comment