Saturday 9 August 2014

Quick Fix: Revamping Your Garbage

Hi everyone! Today we're talking more trash, but not in the same way as last time.

My sister is moving into my old place so while on vacation in Toronto I had to officially move every last bit of my stuff out of there for her to move in. There was a lot of stuff I came across that I wanted to pop into storage, and some I wanted to hand off to her, but some stuff just didn't have a use or a space but seemed a shame to throw away. This beauty was one of them; a simple pen cup from an office supply store that we seem to have 4 of. My sister can only use so many, and I already have one for my office at work, but I got to thinking about how else I could use this.

In the same move, I knew I wanted to bring back all my art supplies with me as I found myself missing them this entire year. I gathered up my paintbrushes (and there are a lot) and thought I had finally found my use for the pen cup! It didn't suit the style of my new place at all, though, so I decided to give it a quick spritz of gold spray paint and I think it turned out great! Here are some pictures of my super quick fix DIY project.

Before:


After:











No comments:

Post a Comment