Friday 18 April 2014

Oops, I went shopping…

I have accumulated a lot of new purchases and gifts from my loving mother, so I thought, where better to celebrate these new and exciting purchases than on the blog?


I purchased two NYX Butter Glosses - I have one already, in a shade I can't remember off the top of my head, but it is more of a peachy pink. These two, in shades Créme Brulé and Tiramisu, are beautiful neutrals. The first has more pink tones while the second is slightly more brown. I am so excited to experiment with these overtop different lipsticks and liners!









I had a credit note to Bloomingdales so spent it wisely on Coco Mademoiselle. This perfume has such an amazing scent and since my collection currently consists of about 1 months worth of a $9 Sweet Pea Body Spray from Bath & Body Works, I figured it was ok to let myself splurge (plus it didn't technically cost me anything!)



I also finally managed to find a MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 - I have literally been searching for about 6 months and haven't been able to find it. I've already started using this to find out what all the hype was about and I swear this is the best under eye concealer I've ever used. I have never witnessed a concealer that doesn't crease under my eyes!


 Lastly are two pairs of shoes that my mom so thoughtfully bought for me! I have been in desperate need of new shoes as currently I pretty much only have two pairs of work shoes. The teal pair is beautiful with a nice platform and chunky heel, which is perfect for evening events that we seem to have so many of this time of year.


The second pair is something a little bit outside of my comfort zone, but also falls directly within my Barbie-style wardrobe. These give me height and a slight angle to the leg without being a sky-high heel. I have a feeling these are going to be a favourite! *Update: I ended up returning these shoes. I brought them on a business trip as my only pair of heels and as soon as I put them on and looked in the mirror I just thought they looked horrible! They made my feet look 3 sizes bigger so back to the store they went. 


I haven't shopped much for myself in the longest time as I haven't really needed anything. I went through a horrible shopping phase where I bought anything I wanted badly enough without thinking 'but Bianca, you already have 7 cardigans that look just like this…' Okay, I thought it, but I didn't take myself seriously. I have been trying to be more sensible with where I spend my money, and even though everyone knows I don't need any more lip products, I don't feel too bad. Have you bought yourself anything recently? 




No comments:

Post a Comment